We are grateful for the 31 interested composers! Winners will be announced soon!
Chosen works to be performed in L+M Duo's 2019-2020 season
CALL FOR SCORES
*THIS CALL FOR SCORES IS NOW CLOSED.*
L+M Duo announces its inaugural Call for Scores for marimba and piano duos by women composers of contemporary classical music. Submissions are welcome from all ages and career points, binary and non-binary women, from anywhere in the world.
Select compositions will be performed by L+M Duo during their 2019-2020 season.
***Working composers who do not currently have an eligible piece, but are interested in writing for our instrumentation, are invited to send samples of their work electronically with the same subject line listed below. We look forward to beginning a conversation about collaboration with you.***
- Required instrumentation of marimba and piano duo. Fixed media allowed.
- Work must not have been previously performed
- Any length
- Electronic submission of PDF files strongly preferred with subject line, "L+M Duo Call for Scores 2019 - [your name]" to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Submission may also include sound files and/or program notes.
- Submit any hard copies to the following address:
James Madison University
Music Dept. - Laurel Black
880 S. Main St.
Harrisonburg, Virginia 22807
- Composer will not charge a licensing fee nor rental fee to L+M Duo for any performance of chosen work
- Composer will engrave chosen work with the text, "Written for L+M Duo: Laurel Black and Marianne Parker"
- L+M Duo will give three performances of chosen works by the conclusion of their 2021-2022 season.
Deadline for Submission is May 31, 2019 at 11:59pm EST